General Terms of Order
for the support and placement of athletes at GoldenBridge Sports & Entertainment UG, vdd. Jalal Nebgaoui & Gerald Siebert, Friedensplatz 13, 46045 Oberhausen (hereinafter "intermediary")
The intermediary is active in all areas of professional sports and advises well-known national and international athletes. The athlete is also interested in marketing his person as a brand because of his level of awareness. The mediator is interested in advice and comprehensive support for the athlete in this regard. The intermediary is willing to make his special knowledge and experience in the field of marketing/sponsoring available to the athlete as part of a consulting relationship. In order to create a basis for the desired long-term cooperation, the following is agreed:
§ 1 Subject of the contract
The mediator advises the athlete to the best of his ability on all questions and issues that arise in connection with his activity as an athlete. The mediator’s advice relates in particular to the following topics:
( 1) General advice for the athlete
Creation of a personal career plan and constant evaluation,
Obligation, in consultation with the athlete, to look for possible contractual partners for the purpose of concluding an employment contract, to draw the athlete's attention to interested employers and to initiate meetings between athletes and potential employers,
Advice on dealing with coaches and fellow athletes as well as associations,
Advice on dealing with press media, processing interviews and counterstatements,
observation of the industry,
Examination of any insurance requirements and mediation/recommendation of suitable insurance brokers,
Examination of any investment needs and mediation/recommendation of suitable investment advisors.
(2) Marketing the Athlete
The intermediary provides the athlete with his special knowledge and experience with regard to sports-related public relations, marketing and sponsorship. The mediator advises the athlete on how to present himself to the public.
The Agent will use its best efforts to provide the Athlete with contractual partners for the purpose of entering into sponsorship, equipment and/or advertising contracts, whereby the Athlete is not obliged to accept contract offers acquired by the Agent. When there is a suitable opportunity, the intermediary also organizes events for the implementation of marketing concepts.
(3) Exceptions and limitations of the agent's duties
1. Topics in connection with tax, social security, legal and medical issues of any kind are excluded from the content-related advice. The facilitator will, at the request of the Athlete and/or if the facilitator deems it necessary, recommend appropriate lawyers, tax intermediaries, accountants and medical specialists. The mediator will take over the coordination for the athlete.
2. The mediator does not owe any specific success in the provision of services.
§ 2 Obligations of the athlete
The athlete undertakes to provide the sports agent with all documents necessary for the mediation activity. This includes, in particular, a curriculum vitae, references, references to current employment contracts and information specific to the sports association, such as e.g.
§ 3 Representation
The mediator is not authorized to represent the athlete in legal transactions without a separate power of attorney.
§ 4 Remuneration of the agent
(1) The agent is compensated for his work exclusively by the client. The agent receives an annual commission of 11.9% of the annual gross base salary (without taking into account any additional benefits) that the athlete will earn on the basis of the employment contract negotiated by the agent.
If the intermediary and the athlete have not agreed on a one-time payment and the employment contract mediated for the athlete has a term that extends beyond the duration of the mediation contract between the mediator and the athlete, the mediator is entitled to his contract even after the mediation contract has expired annual remuneration.
This right only expires when the employment contract expires or as soon as the player has signed a new employment contract that is no longer negotiated with the help of the players' agent.
(2) The athlete will provide the agent with information about the net income received every six months and give an account (§§ 259, 260 BGB).
(3) With this remuneration, all remuneration claims of the agent, in particular his expenses, are settled.
§ 5 Liability
(1) The liability of the agent is based on the general provisions.
(2) The agent undertakes to take out and maintain financial loss liability insurance during the term of this contract.
Section 6 Confidentiality, business secrets
(1) The parties undertake to treat all business secrets (§ 2 GeschGehG) as well as private information from third parties as strictly confidential and to keep them secret for the duration of this contractual relationship.
(2) Excluded from the duty of confidentiality is such information which the intermediary or the athlete perceives on the basis of legitimate interests and/or has to provide due to mandatory legal, official, judicial orders and/or association-law norms or provides to persons who, for their part, by act of law, are responsible for professional are bound to secrecy (lawyers, auditors, tax intermediaries, doctors, etc.). Furthermore, the duty of confidentiality does not apply to information that is already public knowledge or becomes public knowledge without violating this confidentiality agreement.
(3) Otherwise, the GeschGehG applies.
§ 7 Term, Termination
(1) The agency contract is limited to two years. It begins when the athlete places the order and ends two years later, unless it is mutually extended.
(2) The athlete has the right to terminate the brokerage contract before the end of the limitation period with one month's notice to the end of the month if he is injured or becomes permanently ill in such a way that he has to end his career as an athlete.
(3) The right to extraordinary termination of this contract remains unaffected.
(4) Terminations must be in text form.
Section 8 Exclusivity
The parties agree that the mediation rights are to be transferred exclusively to the mediator.
§ 9 Choice of Law and Final Provisions
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to all legal disputes about the effectiveness of this agency contract and claims arising from or in connection with this agency contract.
(2) Verbal ancillary agreements to this agency contract have not been made. Changes and additions to the agency contract must be made in writing to be effective. The same also applies to the cancellation of this written form clause.
(3) Should individual regulations or provisions of the agency contract be or become wholly or partially invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining regulations. The parties undertake to replace the ineffective regulations with effective ones that come as close as possible to the economic purpose of the ineffective regulations. The same applies in the event that this contract has a loophole.